(Source IG: 📷: @byafrique_)
Papaya is one of the best fruits for skin care. Papaya cleanses your skin with rejuvenating enzymes that exfoliate your skin to provide you a glowing complexion. Loaded with vitamin A and papain that breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells. Since papaya contains low sodium, lower the salt content means greater the water retention, leaving overall hydrated skin.
For glowing skin check out these 7 Papaya benefits for skin:
1. It is a good source of vitamin A, so it works as a great anti-oxidant on skin.
2. Its higher papain levels make it an excellent natural exfoliator. It helps in removing dead skin cells.
3. Papaya helps in preventing premature aging and has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties.
4. The AHAs (alpha hydroxyl acids) act to break down proteins and dissolve the dead skin cells. That is why many exfoliating skin products contain AHAs. Papain has similar properties and is found in abundance in Papaya. So, papaya acts as a natural, plant-based alternative to chemical exfoliants. Massage papaya on your face. Let it stay there for 5 minutes and rinse your face with lukewarm water and finally with cool water. Papaya is an acidic fruit, so don’t let the papaya sit on your face for more time, as it can cause dryness and might irritate your skin.
5. Since, green papaya is a rich source of papain; you can use papaya for skin whitening.
6. Papaya works as a great skin-firming and anti-aging agent. Mash papaya and apply on your face with or without milk. It helps in removing blemishes, dark spots and provides an even tone to your skin.
7. Blend papaya with honey to make a nourishing, hydrating and skin-brightening face mask.
#SoleilBeauty DIY Q&A
Question: Does Papaya correct dark spots?
Answer:Yes, you can use papaya to correct dark spot pigmentation.
Here is a DIY Papaya Mask dark sport correction:
1 cup green papaya, chopped
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon plain yogurt
Blend the above ingredients thoroughly into a smooth paste. Massage gently the paste onto a little damp face and leave it there for 10-15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water and finally with cool water. The green papaya has more amount of papain, so it’s more effective in lightening your skin. But green papaya tingles on your face. On the other hand a ripe papaya does not tingle but it contains less papain as compared to green papaya.